BQ78350-R2 Device Firmware: CEDV Li-Ion Gas Gauge and Battery Management Controller
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
The bq78350-R2 li-ion and LiFePO4 battery management controller and companion to the bq769x0 family of Analog Front End (AFE) protection devices provides a comprehensive set of Battery Management System (BMS) subsystems, helping to accelerate product development for faster time-to-market.
- Compensated End-of-Discharge Voltage (CEDV) gauging algorithm
- Supports SMBus host communication
- Flexible configuration for 3- to 5-Series (bq76920), 6- to 10-Series (bq76930), and 9- to 15-Series (bq76940) li-ion and LiFePO4 batteries
- Supports battery configurations up to 320Ahr
- Supports charge and discharge current reporting up to 320A
- On-chip temperature sensor option
- External NTC thermistor support from companion AFE
- Full array of programmable protection features
- System components
- Lifetime data logging
- Supports CC/CV and JEITA charging, including precharge, pre-discharge, charge inhibit, and charge suspend
- Offers an optional resistor programmable SMBus slave address for up to eight different bus addresses
- Drives up to a 5-segment LED or LCD display