The BQ79731Q1EVM evaluation module (EVM) also referred to as BMS060 describes the general features, theory of operation, hardware setup, and use of BQ7973x-Q1. These are highly integrated voltage, current and insulation resistance monitor devices primarily used in a battery junction box (BJB) automotive applications with advanced diagnostic capabilities and multiple communication protocols.
The BMS060 evaluation board is intended for examining the potential device use in systems containing large format lithium-ion battery pack applications to provide monitoring, system protection, and daisy-chain communications.
- Highly accurate monitoring of voltage and current
- Overcurrent detect digital comparators
- Intergrated Coulomb counting
- 15 GPIO pins with IO, I2C, SPI, ADC and temp sense capabilities
- ASIL-D systematic and hardware capability