Bluetooth and MSP430 Audio Source Reference Design Board
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
The Bluetooth and MSP430 Audio Source reference design can be used by customers to create a variety of applications for low-end, low-power audio source solutions for applications including toys, projectors, smart remotes and any audio streaming accessories. This reference design is a cost-effective audio implementation and with full design files provided allows you to focus your efforts on application and end product development. This reference design also provides the TI Bluetooth Stack.
Please note that the MSP430 memory size does not allow any additional application space, so the use case should be audio sink only as described For additional application space please consider using higher flash device, for example MSP430F5438.
- Enables Bluetooth audio (SBC encode/decode) with low cost, low power MSP430F5229
- Design offloads audio processing from MCU to the Bluetooth device which enables low power audio
- Cost-effective low end wireless audio solution with a four layer layout and QFN packages
- Core of the solution is TI's SimpleLink™ CC2564 which offers best-in-class Bluetooth performance (+12dBm output power) leading to robust connection over long range
- CC256x and TI Bluetooth Stack both have Bluetooth Subsystem QDIDs allowing you to only need a Bluetooth End Product Listing
- This circuit design is tested and includes firmware, demo and wiki page for quick start guide
- (1) BT-MSPAUDSOURCE board
- (1) mini-USB cable
- (1) stereo audio cable with 3.5-mm plug connectors