ZigBee applications such as home and industrial automation, lighting, metering, and sensor networks could need longer RF transmission range and better sensitivity than the stand-alone CC2530 can offer. TI's new SimpleLink CC2530-CC2592 reference design pairs the cost-effective SimpleLink ZigBee CC2530 wireless MCU with SimpleLink CC2592 range extender improving the receiver sensitivity by 2-3 dB and increasing the total link budget to 120 dB, enabling significant improvements in the range of each node in the ZigBee network.
- Optimized integrated power amplifier and low-noise amplifier to increase the transmission range of CC2530 by 4x
- Up to +22dBm output power to achieve more stable system with longer range
- 3dB increased sensitivity which means -100dBm sensitivity for CC2530 in ZigBee applications to reach longer distance between nodes
- A complete radio + range extender combo solution
- A complete system reference design including both the SimpleLink CC2530 ZigBee radio and the SimpleLink CC2592 Range Extender