The LP5951 regulator is designed to meet the requirements of portable, battery-powered systems providing a regulated output voltage and low quiescent current. When switched to shutdown mode via a logic signal at the Enable pin, the power consumption is reduced to virtually zero.
The LP5951 is designed to be stable with small 1 microF/1.5microF ceramic capacitors.
The LP5951 also features internal protection against short-circuit currents and over-temperature conditions.
Performance is specified for a -40°C to 125°temperature range. The device is available in SOT23-5 and SC70-5 package.
The LP5951 evaluation board is designed to enable independent evaluation of the LP5951 electrical performance. Each board is pre-assembled and tested in the factory. The evaluation kits are available in two options: LP5951MF-1.8EV and LP5951MF-2.5EV. For other voltage and package options, the device can be ordered from the LP5951 product folder on TI's website. The board offers two different assembly options: SC70-5 package (MG) on top side (TOP) or SOT23-5 package on bottom side (BOT) of the board. Only one side will be assembled at a time.
- Excellent line transient response: plus or minus 2mV typ.
- Excellent PSRR: -60dB at 1kHz typ.
- Low quiescent current of 29 microA typ.
- 1.8 to 5.5V input voltage range
- Small SC70-5 and SOT23-5 packages
- Fast turn-on time of 30 mcro seconds typ.
- Typ. < 1nA quiescent current in shutdown
- Guaranteed 150mA output current
- Output voltage range: 1.3V to 3.3V
- Logic controlled enable 0.4V/0.9V
- Good load transient response of 50mVpp typ.
- Thermal-overload and short-circuit protection
- -40°C to +125°C junction temperature range