Embedded Coder Hardware Support Package for TI C2000™: Save design time and get into production faster with C2000 MCU’s using MathWorks software tools.
MATLAB Coder™, Simulink Coder™, and Embedded Coder® generate ANSI/ISO C/C++ code that can be compiled and executed on Texas Instruments™ (TI) C2000 microcontrollers (MCUs) using Code Composer Studio IDE. Embedded Coder lets you easily configure the code generated from MATLAB® and Simulink® algorithms to control software interfaces, optimize execution performance, and minimize memory consumption.
Embedded Coder Support Package for TI C2000 processors provide the following features:
- Automated build and execution
- Block libraries for on-chip and on-board peripherals such as ADC, digital I/O, ePWM, SPI, I2C, and more
- Real-time parameter tuning and logging using external mode
- Processor optimized code including DMC and IQMath libraries
- Ability to perform processor-in-the-loop (PIL) tests with execution profiling
- Examples for PMSM FOC motor control and DC/DC buck converter
- Generates code for the Control Law Accelerator (CLA) co-processor
Motor Control Blockset™: Design and implement motor control algorithms on C2000
Motor Control Blockset provides reference examples and blocks for developing field-oriented control algorithms for brushless motors. The examples show how to configure a controller model to generate compact and fast C code for any target MCU (with Embedded Coder®). You can also use the reference examples to generate algorithmic C code and driver code for specific motor control kits, including more than 15 example models for TI C2000-based hardware.
The blockset contains many tools for creating and tuning speed and torque controllers including:
- Park and Clarke transforms, sliding mode and flux observers, and a space-vector generator
- Automatic controller gain tuning based on specified bandwidth and phase margins for current and speed loops (with Simulink Control Design™)
- Utilities for collecting data directly from hardware and calculating motor parameters to create an accurate motor model. You can use the parameterized motor model to test your control algorithm in closed-loop simulations.
SoC Blockset Support Package for TI C2000: Design, evaluate, and implement SoC hardware and software architectures on C2000 devices
SoC Blockset Support Package for TI C2000 processors provides Simulink blocks and visualization tools for modeling, implementing, and verifying applications for TI C2000 devices. With this tool, you can model hardware and software scheduling effects on your algorithms and use the complete Model-Based-Design (MBD) workflow from simulation to implementation using the same model.
Hardware component modeling, including:
- Multicore architecture
- Inter-Processor Communication (IPC)
- ADC, e.g. resolution bits, acquisition time, conversion time
- PWM, e.g. counter mode, waveform, dead time
- ADC/PWM synchronization
- Interrupt triggering
Rapid-prototyping capability allows you to build, load, and execute models on TI C2000 boards. e.g. TI C2000 Delfino MCU F28379D LaunchPad™ development kit.
On-device profiling allows you to see a live visualization of hardware execution information, e.g. task preemption and overrun and CPU load, by streaming data from the hardware to Simulink Data Inspector (SDI) viewer.
University text book: Introduction to Microcontroller programming for power electronics control applications: Coding with MATLAB® and Simulink® written by Politecnico di Milano (additional support from Tampere University)