The CC430 Sub-GHz RF Experiment’s Board is not supported by the Mac or Linux versions of the Code Composer Studio™ Integrated Development Environment. If you want to work with these operating systems, we suggest you select one of the many MSP LaunchPads.
Note: If you experience connectivity issues with the out-of-box user experience demo, please download the software and re-program your boards with the updated user experience firmware.
The MSP-EXPCC430RFx Experimenter Kit is a complete sub-GHz development platform for the CC430 devices from the MSP430™ family of ultra-low-power microcontrollers. The kit provides two sub-GHz wireless modules: the MSP-EXP430F6137Rx Base Board with the CC430F6137, and the MSP-EXP430F5137Rx Satellite Board with the CC430F5137.
Out of the box, the two modules enable demonstration of a SimpliciTI™ wireless sensor network and take full advantage of a highly-integrated LCD and PC connection. Additionally, the kit also enables a complete development and prototyping environment to design a wireless application. The kit features an on-board emulator for programming and debugging, which enables developers to create new applications on both the Base Board and Satellite Board.
- Kit includes 2 CC430-based development modules to enable a complete RF network
- CC430F6137-based Base Board (MSP-EXP430F6137Rx)
- CC430F5137-based Satellite Board (MSP-EXP430F5137Rx)
- The MSP-EXP430F6137Rx Base Board features
- An on-board emulator for programming and debugging either target on the Base Board or Satellite Board
- 96-segment character LCD Display that is driven by the internal LCD driver of the CC430F6137 MCU
- User buttons & LEDs
- Several power options:
- Light sensor
- Dock connector for the Satellite Board
- The MSP-EXP430F5137Rx Satellite Board features:
- Several power options
- AA Batteries
- Power from Base Board through the Dock connector
- User LED & button
- Access to various pins of the CC430F5137 MCU
- The CC430 devices feature an ultralow-power 16-bit microcontroller with an integrated radio core, an optional 96-segment LCD controller, 12-bit ADC, comparator, universal serial interface (supports UART, SPI and I2C), 32KB flash memory, and 4KB RAM memory.