The PMP10164 reference design supplies 10.5V@1.8A from universal AC mains; the isolated Flyback topology is the most used for low power range due to single magnetic component. Since the load is a power line communication chip, a fixed frequency modulation has been chosen. The controller LM5021 performs also pulse skip mode thus improving efficiency at light load. A synchronous rectification controller UCC24630 has been employed to increase the efficiency and the thermal performance.
- LM5021 based Isolated Flyback in constant switching frequency delivering 10.5V@1.8A
- >87% efficiency at full load and 230Vac
- Synchronous rectification with UCC24630 improves efficiency and thermal performance
- Output overvoltage protection with latch, in case of loop opto fail
- This design is tested and includes test results and CAD files