This is a 20A Communication or Enterprise Storage ASIC Adaptive Voltage Scaling (AVS) power supply using the TPS53819A PMBus PWM controller. The design enables high power density, PCB layout flexibility and ease of test and design for AVS using the PMBus interface and the Vout Adjustment and Margining Commands. The use of the external Power Block enables flexible PCB placement and upgrade to newer power blocks if needed.
- Twenty nine (29) total components for a 20W power supply
- 672mm² PCB power supply area
- 34.1°C case temperature at 20A load (12VIN, 290KHz).
- ~89% peak efficiency, >85% efficiency at 12VIN, 1Vout, 290KHz
- Less than ±8mV peak-to-peak output voltage ripple at 20A load (12VIN)
- Less than ±30mV peak-to-peak output voltage change in response to 12A load transient at 20A/us slew rate