This design features the UCC28730 flyback controller in conjunction with the UCC24650 Wake-Up monitor to provide CV, CC regulated output with ultra-low stand-by power that exceeds Level VI and CoC Tier 2 specifications for average efficiency and 10% load efficiency. Wake-up signal detection provides fast transient response to large load steps.
As seen at APEC
- No-Load Stand-By Power Consumption less than 5 mW (“Zero-Power”)
- Wake-Up Detection for Fast Dynamic Response
- Primary Side Regulation Eliminates Opto-Coupler
- Average Efficiency and 10% efficiency exceeds Level VI and CoC Tier 2 specifications, effective 2016
- Resonant Ring Valley Switching Operation for Highest Overall Efficiency
- This circuit design includes tested data for efficiency and transient response along with key waveforms.