Power Management Reference Design for Xilinx Virtex-6 FPGAs (1.8V @ 2.6A)
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
See the Important Notice and Disclaimer covering reference designs and other TI resources.
The PMP5098 reference design uses four (4) TPS40400 PMBus synchronous buck controllers to regulate and control the Xilinx Virtex-6™ FPGA rails. The output voltages can be dynamically adjusted within a 400mV range with 4mV steps. Additional PMBus control includes: Fsw, ILIM, SS time, UVLO, Thermal Shutdown, ENABLE, PGOOD, UVP, OVP, and OCP modes. The design is ideal for applications that require having design flexibility for the Virtex 6™ four output voltages through PMBus programming, configuration, and control.
- AVS Capability- dynamically adjust Vo through PMBUS: 400mV range with 4mV step
- PMBUS Configurability of the power supply parameters
- Differential voltage sensing
- Differential inductor DCR current sensing
- 200KHz-2MHz prog. fsw, pre-bias start up support
- Frequency synchronization, and upstream voltage rail tracking