The PMP9311 is a low power capacitor-drop type of offline converter that takes a 50Hz AC input of 85V to 230V and puts out a regulated DC 3.3V at up to 85mA. It is used for electronic electricity meters where apparent power consumption is regulated and galvanic isolation is not required. The high output current capability for the same input apparent power limit supports a feature-rich electricity meter design. The increased output power is achieved by allowing the clamped zener voltage to be as high as 42V, and the employment of a wide input range buck switching regulator.
- 85V-230V 50Hz AC input, 3.3V DC output
- 15mA output at 85V input, and 85mA output at 230V input
- 1.83VA input apparent power @ 120VAC in and 29mA out
- 6.78VA input apparent power @ 230VAC in and 85mA out
- Up to 50% overall power efficiency