The PMP9703 reference design uses the TPS53915 12A PMBus SWIFT step down converter to provide complete voltage regulation, and system protection of an Enterprise Storage SSD Controller ASIC typically used to control and expand traffic flow in/out of SSDs. The output voltage can be dynamically adjusted in +/- 0.75% steps with a total range of +/-22% of the nominal output voltage (VOUT_ADJUST and VOUT_MARGIN used together) and with programmable step change durations of as little as 4us. The PMBus capability includes adjustment of the typical power supply parameters and monitoring of FAULTs through the STATUS_WORD PMBus command. This PMBus design is ideal for applications that require design flexibility, reduced component count, and Adaptive Voltage Scaling for enhanced performance and optimized power dissipation.
- PMBus programming of power supply parameters including output voltage, Power On Delay, Power Good Delay, Soft Start, Switching Frequency and UVLO
- Integrated 13.8 and 5.9 mΩ MOSFETs With 12-A Continuous Output Current
- Optimized for ASICs with Adaptive Voltage Scaling (AVS) requirements
- 335mm2 total power supply area
- 1.2V output at 12A nominal current
- 81% efficiency at 12V input, 1.2Vout at 12A