Advanced DCAP+ control is used to provide the high speed dynamic control needed for CPU, Memory and ASIC applications. Six high current synchronous power stages provide the high currents and low losses needed for these applications. Multi-phase also allows output ripple cancellation and effective higher bandwidth control for a given switching frequency. PMP9738 focuses on ease of electrical testing and ability to make changes "on the fly" thru the PMBus interface. On board bias supplies and a high speed dynamic load round out the rich test interface.
- Multiple fully synchronous power stages for high currents and lowest losses
- DCAP+ control for excellent step load response, SVID and PMBus interfaces
- Output voltage, switching frequency, number of phases can be adjusted "on the fly" through the PMBus interface
- Focus of evaluation board is on ease of electrical testing with almost all parts on top side
- Rich test interface including PMBus socket, 5V and 3.3V biases and high speed dynamic test load
- Schematic, BOM, layout and Test Report focusing on thermal performance and load dynamics