A power bank is a portable device that can supply USB power using stored energy in its built-in batteries. This reference design demonstrates a circuit based on the TPS61236 for the USB output port of the power-bank. The reference design features a 5V and 2.4A output capability, auto detection of a portable device plug-in, output current sensing and limiting, short circuit protection, temperature protection, and battery voltage indication.
- 5V and 2.4A output capability in 95.5% efficiency
- Auto detection for a portable device plug-in
- USB cable voltage drop compensation
- Battery voltage indication with four LEDs
- Short circuit protection, temperature limit and protection