The SK-AM62A-LP starter kit (SK) evaluation module (EVM) is built around our AM62A AI vision processor, which includes an image signal processor (ISP) supporting up to 5 MP at 60 fps, a 2 teraoperations per second (TOPS) AI accelerator, a quad-core 64-bit Arm® Cortex®-A53 microprocessor, a single-core Arm Cortex-R5F and an H.264/H.265 video encode/decode. SK-AM62A-LP is an ideal choice for those looking to develop low-power smart camera, dashcam, machine-vision camera and automotive front-camera applications.
SK-AM62A-LP also includes both a mobile industry processor interface (MIPI®) CSI-2 camera connector for a single camera and an additional expansion connector for up to four cameras, making it suitable for a variety of embedded vision and AI applications on the edge. For a variety of applications, our ISP can handle different lighting conditions in video streams by using high dynamic range (HDR) encoding and RGB-IR camera support. With edge AI, deep learning on video streams like image classification and object detection have greatly improved performance on the AM62A AI accelerator, therefore giving significant improvement in frame rate, latency and performance to allow offloading intensive processes from general-purpose cores.
Furthermore, the SK-AM62A-LP supports Linux® development with a feature-rich edge AI software development kit (SDK). On-chip emulation logic allows for emulation and debugging using standard development tools such as the Code Composer Studio™ integrated development environment (IDE) (CCSTUDIO) as well as an intuitive out-of-box user's guide to quickly start design evaluation.
- AM62A74 with four Arm Cortex-A53
- Deep-learning accelerator
- One HDMI connector over RGB888 with audio codec TLV320AIC3106
- M.2 key E interface support for Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® modules, four-lane MIPI CSI-2 camera connector, up to two gigabit Ethernet
- One USB Type-A 2.0
- One USB Type-C® dual-role device (DRD) 2.0 supports USB booting
- Onboard XDS110 Joint Test Action Group (JTAG) emulator
- Four universal asynchronous receiver-transmitters (UARTs) via USB Type-B 2.0
- 4GB LPDDR4
- Bootable interfaces on SK
- Removable microSD
- Quad serial peripheral interface (QSPI)
- TI processor SDK Linux