The SK-AM68 Starter Kit/Evaluation Module (EVM) is based on the AM68x vision SoC which includes an image signal processor (ISP) supporting up to 480MP/s, an 8 tera-operations-per-second (TOPS) AI accelerator, two 64-bit Arm® Cortex®-A72 CPUs, and support for H.264/H.265 video encode/decode. The SK-AM68x is an ideal choice for machine vision, traffic monitoring, retail automation, and factory automation.
The starter kit also includes two RPI 22-Pin CSI connector and two MIPI CSI-2 40-Pin expansion connectors for up to 8 cameras, making it suitable for a variety of embedded vision and AI applications on the edge. Our ISP can handle different lighting conditions in video streams by using HDR encoding for camera support. Our deep-learning accelerator enables classification and object detection at low latency and high frame rate.
Processor SDK AM68A software development kit (SDK) supports Linux application development. On-chip emulation logic allows for emulation and debugging using standard development tools such as Code Composer Studio™ (CCS).
- Performance: AM68 processor enables 8 TOPS deep-learning performance and hardware-accelerated edge AI at low power
- Camera interfaces
- Two CSI-2 ports compatible with Raspberry Pi®
- High-speed 40-pin Samtec® camera connector connecting up to eight (requires multicamera hub)
- Three SuperSpeed USB Type-A ports
- One SuperSpeed USB Type-C® port
- One Ethernet port
- One M.2 key M connector
- Four CAN-FD interfaces
- Four universal asynchronous receiver/transmitter (UART) terminals over one USB bridge
- Two DRAMs
- 16GB total memory
- Support for inline error correction code (ECC)
- Display: DisplayPort with up to 4K resolution with multistream transport (MST) support and 1080 high-definition multimedia interface (HDMI)