G3 Data Concentrator Power-Line Communication Modem
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
New text: G3-PLC standard for narrowband OFDM Power Line Communications. The data concentrator solution is designed for the head-end systems which communicate with the end meters (“service node”) in the neighborhood area network.
The TI G3-PLC data concentrator system relies on the AM3356 ARM Cortex-A8 Microprocessor to act as the host processor. The AM3356 the upper levels of the G3-PLC software stack. The lower levels of the G3-PLC software stack execute on the C2000 MCU.
- CENELEC (35kHz-90kHz), ARIB (154kHz-403kHz) and FCC (154kHz-450kHz) frequency
- Up to 35 Kbps PHY data rate in CENELEC
- Up to 128 Kbps PHY data rate in ARIB
- 6LoWPAN adaptation layer to support IPv6
- Mesh, star, or point-to-point network topology
- Co-existence with IEC-61334
- Dynamic channel adaptations
Firmware version 22.214.171.124 Features
- G3 CENELEC (PANC) Certified
- G3-PLC Alliance Interoperability Test successfully completed
- Compliant with Recommendation ITU-T G.9903 (February, 2014)
- Load-Next Generation (LoadNG) routing protocol
- Enhanced performance for coherent/differential mode
- G3 DC PLC AM335x/C2000 Firmware
- Application binary
- Application example source codes
- Software User Guide/Management interface spec
- Release note