The objective of this design is to provide a turn-key solution able to power the electronics of isolated loop powered 4 to 20 mA transmitters or other low power applications with limited input current budget. It addresses the key requirements of such applications like operating over wide input voltage range, providing isolated and no-isolated noise-free outputs and offering a complete set of protection features. Multiple test points on the board, a dual layer - single side populated construction and a comprehensive documentation enable easy testing, modification and optimization by the user.
Watch the TIDA-00349 Overview video, covering the same isolated power topology as used in the TIDA-00167 NOW
- Operates over a wide input voltage range from 8 to 33
- Provides isolated and non-isolated 3.3V rails, selectable between low Iq LDOs and high PSRR LDOs
- Highly efficient isolated DC/DC converter with constant switching frequency achieves more than 70% efficiency at 5 to 8 mW load
- Contains input surge protection (EN 61000-4-5: ±1 kV), reverse protection, current limiters for hot-plug and surge and protects a transmitters loop current sense circuit
- On-board ripple filter to address conducted EMI requirements (EN 55011) and decoupling from loop current
- Fully functional board which can easily be tested, modified and optimized