TIDA-00476 is comprised of a single DC-DC power stage, which can work as a synchronous buck converter or a synchronous boost converter, enabling bidirectional power flow between DC power source and energy storage system. Operating in synchronous buck mode, the system works as a MPPT controlled DC-DC converter which can charge a battery from a solar panel or DC Source. The same power stage can be operated as a synchronous boost to drive a DC load with configurable constant current and constant voltage limits (CC/CV), from an energy storage system such as lead acid battery. The power stage is digitally controlled by a MSP430 microcontroller, which implements the closed loop for controlling the power stage with required algorithms for MPPT, battery charge profiling and DC-Power conversion for load.
- Single bidirectional power stage working as both synchronous buck battery charger and synchronous boost CC/CV converter.
- High efficiency of 95% as charger to store energy and 90% as CC/CV converter to power loads.
- Perturb & Observe (P&O) based MPPT tracking algorithm.
- Robust Power stage with built in protection for Overcurrent, Overvoltage and Reverse Polarity Connection.
- Fully tested and validated as a MPPT based lead acid battery charger and CC/CV converter with LED & resistive loads.
- Simple use PCB form factor of 85 x 50 mm. provides a ready platform for single stage bidirectional power conversion needs of energy storage, DC Home and low power UPS systems.