TIDA-00845 is a dual-port USB 2.0 hub with the ability to withstand a short of up to 18-V DC on both downstream ports, as well as Level 4 IEC 61000-4-2 ESD protection, overcurrent conditions, and shorts to ground. This protection is provided by an integrated protection device - the TPD3S714-Q1. With short-to-battery (STB) protection, short-circuit protection, and a fixed current-limit load switch on both downstream ports, the TUSB4020BI USB 2.0 hub is isolated and protected from overvoltage and overcurrent conditions. Downstream port 1 includes a STB test simulator for applying 18-V DC, and two TPD3S714-Q1s to protect both the hub and a peripheral for easily demonstrating USB STB protection functionality.
- Fully functional USB hub with built-in short-to-battery test simulator on downstream port 1
- Short-to-battery protection (up to 18 V) on VBUS, DP/DM
- Overcurrent protection current limit: 550 mA
- IEC 61000-4-2 (Level 4) system-level ESD protection at VBUS, DP/DM
- Short-to-ground protection on VBUS