This reference design realizes a reinforced isolated three-phase inverter subsystem using isolated IGBT gate drivers and isolated current/voltage sensors. The UCC23513 gate driver used has a 6-pin wide body package with optical LED emulated inputs which enables its use as pin-to-pin replacement to existing opto-isolated gate drivers. This design shows that the UCC23513 input stage can be driven using all existing configurations used to drive opto-isolated gate drivers. In-phase shunt resistor based motor current sensing is done using AMC1300B isolated amplifier and DC link voltage, IGBT module temperature sensing using the AMC1311 isolated amplifier. The design uses a C2000™ LaunchPad™ for inverter control.
- Three-phase inverter power stage suited for 200-480 VAC powered drives with output current rating up to 14 Arms
- Reinforced isolated gate driver with opto-emulated inputs and 6-pin wide body package which can be used as pin to pin replacement for opto-isolated gate drivers
- Gate driver with wide operating ambient temperature up to 125°C with low parametric variations, high CMTI and working isolation voltage rating of 1500 Vdc results in improved system robustness
- Reinforced isolated in-phase shunt resistor based motor current sensing up to 25 Apk for all three phases with overcurrent protection response of < 5 μs
- Reinforced isolated DC link voltage sensing up to 800 V and temperature sensing up to 120°C using NTC integrated inside IGBT module using isolated amplifiers
- Inverter control using C2000 LaunchPad