This Silicon Carbide (SiC) FET and IGBT gate driver reference design is a blueprint to drive the power stages of UPS, AC inverter, and electric vehicle charge pile (EV charging station) applications. The design is based on TI’s UCC53xx 3-kVRMS basic isolated gate drivers to drive high- and low-side FETs. The reference design contains a compact, built-in, 1.5W, isolated fly buck auxiliary power supply for powering the input and output of the gate driver. By combining the isolated gate driver and isolated gate driver power supply in a compact board with a form factor of 33 mm × 23 mm. This design provides a fully tested, robust, independent, easy to validate, single-channel driver solution, capable of withstanding > 100 kV/μs Common-Mode Transient Immunity (CMTI).
- Suited for single phase and three phase inverters,mid and high voltage power converters (100VAC to 230 VAC)
- 0.5A/2A/6A/10A source and sink current suits driving MOSFET/ IGBT/SiC-FET with currents up to 100A and operating frequencies up to 500-Khz
- Protection against spurious turn-on/off of IGBT/FET during power on and power off sequence
- 4000 VPK and 2500-VRMS isolation barrier
- Driver solution validated and meets high Common Mode Transient Immunity (CMTI) of > 100 kV/μs
- Built-in low cost, low component, compact isolated supply to power high-voltage side circuit with negative bias for noise immunity