CAN and CANopen are legacy fieldbus protocols used in many applications in factory automation. Whenever high voltage could damage the end equipment there is need for isolation. Today’s smart factories utilize several energy efficient automation nodes. This reference design, which incorporates the ISO1050 and SN6501 devices, is built as a BeagleBone Black CAPE. The design can then be easily tested on the BeagleBone Black development board using the existing Linux software infrastructure.
- Isolated CAN transceiver reference design with ISO1050
- Energy efficient with transformer driver SN6501
- 2.5kV isolation with DUB package (used by this TI reference design) and 5kV isolation with DW package
- BeagleBone Black CAPE form factor
- CAN bus address, CAN bus speed rotary switches and CAN status LEDs