This reference design addresses the need for small cameras in automotive systems by combining a 2.6-megapixel imager with a 4-Gbps serliazier while providing power supplies and voltage supervision for both devices in an ultra-small form factor. This design includes a high-speed serial interface to connect a remote automotive camera module to a display or machine vision processing system with a coaxial cable transmitting both data and power. Texas Instrument's 4-Gbps FPD-Link III SerDes technology used in this reference design enables the transmission of uncompressed 2.6-MP video data, bidirectional control signals, and power over coax (POC) using a single cable.
- Space-optimized design fits on single PCB 20 × 20 mm
- Point-of-Load Power management integrated circuit (PMIC) used for additional power supply integration, allowing for both power supplies and voltage supervision in a small form factor
- 2.6-MP AR0233 image sensor providing up to 24-Bit MIPI CSI-2 HDR raw image data
- Single Rosenberger Fakra coaxial connector for digital video, power, control, and diagnostics
- Additional diagnostic capabilities to enable ASIL applications
- Includes design considerations and characterization test data