This camera module reference design addresses the need for small cameras in automotive systems by combining a 2-megapixel imager with a 4-Gbps serliazier. Additionally, it provides power and voltage supervision from a single Power Management IC (PMIC). This design includes a high-speed serial interface to connect a remote automotive camera module to a display or machine vision processing system with a coaxial cable transmitting both data and power. The 4-Gbps FPD-Link III SerDes technology used in this reference design enables the transmission of uncompressed 2 -MP video data, bidirectional control signals and power over coax (POC) using a single cable.
- Space optimized design with discrete power supply that fits on a single PCB 21x21 mm
- Power management and voltage supervision supplied through single IC
- 2Mpixel IMX390 image sensor from Sony
- Provides RAW video data over MIPI CSI-2 interface
- Enables high-resolution camera applications using 4Gbps DS90UB953
- Single Rosenberger Fakra coax connector for digital video, power, control and diagnostics