The design is a 30V to 54 V Brushless DC motor (BLDC) or Permanent-magnet Synchronous Motors (PMSM) controller for low voltage, high current, high power ebike, power tool, fan, and pump applications. The design uses the Texas Instruments UCC27211D MOSFET drivers, CSD19506KCS 80V NexFET™ power MOSFETs, TMS320F28027F MCU with InstaSPIN™ technology, TPS54360 buck converter, and LDOs. The design utilizes InstaSPIN-FOC technology to identify and tune PMSM or BLDC motor parameters, as well as control motor speed via an external throttle. Overall, the design focuses on demonstrating highly efficient control of high power, low voltage BLDC or PMSM motors.
- Up to 500W power stage with sensorless FOC based InstaSPIN for BLDC motor, efficiency: >90% over full input range
- 30 V to 54 V input voltage range, 50A peak output current capability
- Full protection features, includes Over Current Protection (OCP), Over/Under Voltage Protection (OVP/UVP), over load, under load, lost phase, phase unbalance, stall, motor over temperature, power module over temperature, lost communication
- Automatic motor parameter identification
- High performance speed control includes high trajectory changes and speed reversal capability using InstaSPIN-FOC
- Flying start capability to synchronize to already moving motor