A Simple Glass-Breakage Detector Reference Design
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
See the Important Notice and Disclaimer covering reference designs and other TI resources.
This reference design describes a simple glass breakage detector using the MSP430F2274 and was developed to operate at low power, allowing long battery life. The algorithm is based on the spectral analysis of a typical glass breakage signal by analyzing signal characteristics such as peak content, number of zero crossings, and frequency composition. A glass breakage alert is indicated by an onboard buzzer and an LED.
- Fully integrated, single-chip glass breakage detector
- Integrated Op-amps provide on-the-fly configurable filtering stages for signal detection and processing
- As low as 50µA average current consumption during monitoring operation
- Implements high power output horn driver stage capable of up to 106dB
- This reference design is tested and includes firmware, hardware design files & documentation.
- Hardware based on this design can also be ordered from Olimex.com