The Spectrum Digital XDS100v2 is the second generation of the XDS100 family of debug probes (emulators) for TI processors. The XDS100 family features the lowest cost of all the XDS family of debug probes while supporting the traditional JTAG standard (IEEE1149.1). Also, all XDS debug probes support Core and System Trace in all ARM and DSP processors that feature an Embedded Trace Buffer (ETB).
Note: cJTAG (IEEE1149.7) compatible debug probes are labeled XDS100v3 and available from selected third parties. cJTAG is required if debugging a CC26xx, CC2538 or CC13xx device.
The Spectrum Digital XDS100v2 connects to the target board via a TI 14-pin connector and to the host PC via USB2.0 High Speed (480Mbps). It also requires a license of Code Composer Studio™ IDE running on the host PC.
The Spectrum Digital XDS100v2 comes in a package consisting of:
- XDS100v2 debug board
- USB2.0 cable
- Quick start guide
- Basic JTAG debug supports most TI microcontrollers (except MSP430), all wireless MCUs, most DSPs (except C54x, C62x, C67x) and all ARM processors
- Core and System trace are available via the ETB in selected ARM and DSP processors
- For more information on the trace capabilities of a particular device please refer to its technical reference manual (TRM)
You will need:
- A free license of Code Composer Studio IDE (any other paid licenses can also be used)
- A host PC that matches the minimum requirements of the Code Composer Studio IDE
- A target board that features a compatible JTAG header
You may need:
- An adapter to allow connecting to target boards that features different JTAG headers
- Product box dimensions: 130mm x 130mm x 51mm (5.0in x 5.0in x 2.0in)
- Packaged product weight: 140g (5.0oz)
The XDS100v2 is the second generation of the XDS100 family of low cost JTAG debug probes (emulators) for TI processors. Designed to deliver full featured JTAG connectivity at a low cost, the XDS100 is the family of choice for entry-level debugging of TI microcontrollers, processors and wireless devices.
The XDS100v2 is the first of the XDS100 family that supports all TI devices with a JTAG debug port and replaces the previous XDS100v1 technology. Also, both Core and System Trace are available for all ARM and DSP devices that support Embedded Trace Buffer (ETB).
Following the multitude of JTAG headers available in the marketplace, the XDS100 family features models with TI 14-pin, TI 20-pin, ARM 10-pin and ARM 20-pin connectors. Some models have dual connectors for added flexibility.
The XDS100 family supports the traditional IEEE1149.1 (JTAG) as well as IEEE1149.7 (cJTAG) and operates with interface levels of +1.8V and 3.3V.
IEEE1149.7 or Compact JTAG (cJTAG) is a major improvement over the traditional JTAG, as it supports all its features while using only two pins, and is available in selected TI wireless connectivity microcontrollers. Support for cJTAG is only featured in the XDS100v3, which is the third variant of the XDS100 family of low cost JTAG debug probes (emulators). XDS100v3 debug probes are available from selected TI third parties.
All XDS100 models support either USB2.0 Full Speed (11Mbps) or High Speed (480Mbps) connection to the host.
The XDS100 family is fully compatible with TI’s Code Composer Studio IDE. This combination gives a complete hardware development environment which includes an Integrated Debug Environment, Compiler, and full hardware debugging and Trace capability (on selected devices) of TI microcontrollers, processors and wireless connectivity microcontrollers.
Other XDS products: