HV Resonant LLC Developer’s Kit
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
CAUTION: This equipment operates at high voltages and currents which can result in hazardous electrical shock. Please make sure you understand and follow all necessary safety precautions prior to purchasing and operating.
TMDSHVRESLLCKIT is a DIMM100 controlCARD based motherboard evaluation module which uses Piccolo F28027 to digitally control a 300W resonant LLC half-bridge DC/DC converter with added synchronous rectification. The resonant LLC power topology is valued for its inherently high levels of efficiency credited to high frequency, low loss resonant switching. However, implementation of such a power converter can be challenging since the control theory is based in frequency modulation of the converter rather than the more typically seen duty cycle modulation. This solution guides users step-by-step through the complexities of a resonant LLC half-bridge converter, melding software and hardware design approaches to implement a complete high performance converter. The C2000™ Piccolo™ microcontroller is the digital controller for this design, enabling the resonant converter to operate at greater than 90% efficiency across wide load ranges, and with peak efficiency greater than 93%.
- Full microcontroller-based control of resonant LLC half-bridge DC/DC converter
- 375-405V DC input, 12 DC output, 25A rated output (300W)
- >90% efficiency across wide load range with >93% peak efficiency
- Synchronous rectification support for increased power efficiency
- Zero voltage switching (ZVS) across entire load range for greater efficiency and reliability
- Hardware Files are in controlSUITE at development_kits\TMDSHVRESLLCKIT_v1.0
- Free download of Code Composer Studio IDE
- Free download of controlSUITE for device drivers and example projects
- Convenient GUI for initial design evaluation, and detailed step-by-step documentation for further depth of evaluation
- Step-by-step guide details the implementation of the underlying software
- Follow the Quick Start Guide included in the kit
- Or included in controlSUITE at C:\ti\controlSUITE\development_kits\TMDSHVRESLLCKIT_v1.0
- HV Resonant LLC baseboard
- Piccolo F28027 controlCARD
- Quick start guide