Multi-DC/DC Color LED Kit
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
The Multi-DC/DC Color LED Kit is a DIMM100 controlCARD based motherboard evaluation module which uses Piccolo F28027. It includes all of the hardware and software to start experimenting and developing a digitally controlled multi-DC/DC LED lighting system. One Piccolo MCU is able to directly control eight separate DC/DC power stages as well as up to eight LED strings of various LED types and string lengths. The development board takes 12-24V DC input and employs six Boost and two SEPIC DC/DC power stage topologies to drive LED strings. An included graphical user interface allows users to quickly begin the evaluation process by providing simplified control to adjust power stage current levels for experimentation with brightness and color mixing. The kit includes open source, closed loop software examples for the control of the DC/DC power stages and LED lighting stages. The hardware design is also open source, with the gerbers, schematics, and BOMs available for free.
Software and hardware collateral are available through controlSUITE.
- 12-24V DC input to eight separate DC/DC power stages, 25-50V DC output
- Six Boost and two SEPIC power stages drive two RGB LED strings plus two white LED strings, or, alternatively, up to eight all white LED strings
- Color mixing and brightness control
- Average current-mode control
- 350mA/string max current, configurable in software
- Graphical user interface (GUI) simplifies the evaluation process by providing simplified control to adjust power stage current levels for experimentation with brightness and color mixing
- Detachable LED panel with two RGB (red/green/blue) LED strings and two white LED strings
- Detachable diffuser panel included, providing light diffusion for real-world color mixing
- Piccolo based controlCARD development platform
- Hardware Files are in controlSUITE at development_kits\Multi-DCDC-Color-LED-Kit_v1.0
- Open source hardware, including gerber files, schematics, and BOMs available through controlSUITE
- Closed loop DC/DC and LED driving software examples, complete with source code and documentation available through controlSUITE
- Follow the Quick Start Guide included in the kit
- Or included in controlSUITE at C:\ti\controlSUITE\development_kits\Multi-DCDC-Color-LED-Kit_v1.0
- Multi-DC/DC Color LED Kit power board
- Piccolo F28027 controlCARD
- Color RGB LED panel with diffuser cover
- 12V power adapter
- USB cable
- USB drive with GUI executable