C5535/C5545 eZdsp USB Stick Development Kit
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
The TMDX5535eZdsp is a small form factor, very low cost USB-powered DSP development kit which includes all the hardware and software needed to evaluate the C553x and C5545 DSP families, which are the industry’s lowest-cost and lowest power 16-bit DSP. This ultra-low-cost kit allows quick and easy evaluation of the advanced capabilities of the C5532, C5533, C5534, C5535 and C5545 processors. The kit has an on-board XDS100 emulator for full course-level debug capability and supports Code Composer Studio™ (CCStudio) Integrated Development Environment (IDE) and eXpressDSP™ software which includes the DSP/BIOS™ kernel. The full contents of the Development Kit include C5535 ezdsp board, CCStudio IDE, and headphone with mic, a 2-GB micro SD card, a free software framework for USB audio class and human interface device (HID) applications and an out-of-the-box comprehensive demo for USB audio class applications.
The C5532, C5533, C5534, C5535 and C5545 are the industry’s lowest cost and lowest power 16-bit processors helping conserve energy at exceptional levels and enabling longer battery life. With 200 MIPS performance, up to 320KB on-chip memory, higher integration (including a hardware accelerator for FFT computation) than comparable devices, the C553x/C5545 product generations provides a foundation for a range of signal processing applications, including voice triggering, audio recorder, musical instruments, portable medical solutions and other electronics in industrial and security applications.
- Features of the TMDX5535 eZdsp include:
- Small form factor DSP development kit for the C553x/C5545 processor
- TMS320C5535 fixed point ultra-low-power DSP
- Embedded XDS100 emulator
- USB 2.0 high speed
- Micro SD card slot with 2-GB micro SD card
- Line In/Mic in, headphone out audio jacks
- 60-pin expansion connector
- 96 x 16-pixel OLED display
- Includes Code Composer Studio IDE 4.x
- Software framework for USB audio class and HID applications
- Out-of-the-box demo software
- Full documentation with source code on CD-ROM
- A complete Integrated Development Environment (IDE), an efficient optimizing C/C++ compiler assembler, linker, debugger, integrated CodeWright editor with CodeSense technology for faster code creation, data visualization, a profiler and a flexible project manager DSP/BIOS™ real-time kernel Chip Support Library
- Free, integrated software framework for USB audio class and HID applications, including an out-of-the-box demo
Designers can readily target the TMS320C5532/33/34/35 DSPs through TI's robust and comprehensive Code Composer Studio IDE, including: