AM437x Industrial Development Kit (IDK)
This product is no longer in production.
This tool has been superseded by TMDSIDK437X
The AM437x Industrial Development Kit (IDK) is an application development platform for evaluating the industrial communication and control capabilities of Sitara™ AM4379 and AM4377 processors for industrial applications.
The AM4379 and AM4377 processors are ideal for industrial communications, industrial control, and industrial drives applications. The AM437x processors integrate a quad-core Programmable Real-time Unit (PRU) that has been architected to implement the real-time communication technologies used in a broad range of industrial automation equipment. It enables low foot print designs with minimal external components and with best in class low power performance.
The IDK hardware and software are designed for industrial applications:
- Industrial drives
- Industrial sensors and I/O units
- Industrial communication gateways
- Programmable logic/automation controllers (PLC/PAC) with integrated industrial communications such as EtherCAT and feedback such as EnDat.
|Hardware Specifications||Software and Tools||Connectivity|
For evaluation of sample industrial applications:
- EtherCAT/PROFIBUS master/PLC equipment (not included) to communicate with the AM437x IDK
- Up to 3-phase motor with optional position feedback sensing (not included)
For application development: