The TPS65987EVM design is targeted for USB Type-C and Power Delivery (PD) Applications. This EVM features integrated Power Paths of TPS65987D with TPD6S300A Protection and a variable DC/DC architecture to optimize board layout and minimize BOM cost. In addition, when paired with the 10G-EXPANSION-EVM the user can emulate Display Port Atlernate Mode and USB Super Speed functionality of a fully featured USB Type-C and PD Host or Device.
- USB Power delivery (PD) testing and verification
- USB Type-C testing and verification
- TPS65987D has two internal power paths with OVP, OCP and RCP
- TPD6S300A provide short-to-VBUS protection for CC1/2 and SBU1/2 lines
- Display port alternate mode and USB data verification (when used with 10G-EXPANSION-EVM)
- FTDI chip on board to flash a firmware configuration project through micro-B connector