UCC5870-Q1 functional safety compliant 15-A isolated IGBT/SiC MOSFET gate driver evaluation module
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
- UCC5870-Q1 Evaluation Module User's Guide
(PDF 3443 KB)
01 Oct 2019
The UCC5870-Q1 evaluation module is designed for evaluation of TI's 15-A isolated single-channel gate driver with advanced protection functions UCC5870-Q1. This drive is targeted to drive high power SiC MOSFETs and IGBTs in EV/HEV applications. Protection functions such as the active Miller clamp, DESAT detection, shunt current sensing support, soft turn-off, VCE overvoltage protection, UVLO and OVLO of gate driver power supplies, temperature monitoring and thermal shutdown, and gate monitoring are included to support systems demanding high reliability. This driver also incorporates sophisticated diagnostic, protection, and monitoring features through a serial peripheral interface (SPI).
- Split driver outputs provide 15-A peak source and 15-A peak sink currents
- Primary and secondary side active short circuit (ASC) support
- Power transistor protections: DESAT, OC/SC, programmable soft turnoff (STO) and two-level turnoff (2LTOFF) during power transistor faults
- SPI based device reconfiguration, verification,supervision, and diagnosis
- PCB layout optimized for power supply bypassing cap, gate drive loop