This page contains specific information about TI's release package. Refer to the table below for download links and related content.
Supported products & hardware
|Supported product family
The C6000 CGT v8.1.0 release is intended for MCSDK, OpenMP, and/or OpenCL project development. For new and existing general pupose C6000-based application development projects, we recommend the use of the latest available C6000 CGT v7.4.x release.
The C6000 CGT v8.1 is a NEW compiler:
- v8.1 supports C6400 , C6740, and C6600 in ELF EABI mode only
- v7.4.x will continue to support all processor variants in ELF EABI or COFF ABI mode
- C obj code generated by older compilers is not compatible with v8.0 RTS obj libraries
- v8.1 offers comparable performance to v7.4. Performance may vary based on the application
Customers should use CGT v8.1 if they are:
- Developing new applications using OpenCL, OpenMP, or HPC-MCSDK
- Deveolping new applications that utilize new compiler features only available in v8.0 and above
Customers should use CGT v7.4.x if they are:
- Maintaining an existing code base that they do not want or need to transition to v8.1
- Developing new applications or maintaining existing applications that use the COFF ABI
- Developing new applications or maintaining existing applications on C6200, C6400, C6700, or C6700
This is a maintenance release update for the C6000 Code Generation Tools (CGT). The C6000 CGT provides software development tools including the compiler, assembler, and linker, among others, which can be used to develop applications with C/C source code for loading and running on C6000 core processors.