This page contains specific information about MSP-GANG Software release package. Refer to the table below for download links and related content.
Requires export approval (1 minute)
Supported products & hardware
|Supported product family
3x Faster than the previous GANG programmer version, MSP-GANG430Added BSL interface support for devices MSP430FR2100 / FR2000Added support for new devices MSP432P411Y/ P411V / P4011 / P401Y / P401V, MSP432E411Y/ E401Y and MSP430FR2522 / FR2512 / FR2422Added new feature to erase and re-program 'MPU–protected' devicesAdded new feature to program serial device numbers. It also can be used to program a unique Ethernet MAC address for MSP432E devices.
The MSP Gang Programmer is an MSP430/MSP432 device programmer that can program up to eight identical MSP430/MSP432 flash or FRAM devices at the same time. The MSP Gang Programmer connects to a host PC using a standard RS-232 or USB connection and provides flexible programming options that allow the user to fully customize the process.
The MSP Gang Programmer is provided with an expansion board, called the Gang Splitter, that implements the interconnections between the MSP Gang Programmer and multiple target devices. Eight cables are provided that connect the expansion board to eight target devices (via JTAG or Spy-Bi-Wire connectors). The programming can be done with a PC or as a standalone device. A PC-side Graphical User Interface is also available and is DLL-based.
- Quickly and reliably program Flash or FRAM-based MSP devices via an RS-232 or USB interface
- Several programming modes:
- Interactive Mode Programming while connected to PC using the MSP GANG Programmer GUI
- Program from Image: An image can be stored, which contains configuration options and code files. This allows users to program MSP devices standalone, without a PC
- Programming from Script: Enables developers to automate more complicated programming procedures.
- Intuitive GUI for configuring, programming and testing production setup
- SD Card slot for storing images
- LCD screen for easy programming without a PC
- Supports up to 8 targets simultaneously
- Supports all current and future MSP430/MSP432 devices
MSP432E requires external power supply for programing