Select a version
Energy Measurement Library for MSP430 MCUs with 24-Bit Sigma-Delta ADCs
Select a version
Windows Installer for Energy Measurement Design Center
macOS Installer for Energy Measurement Design Center
Linux Installer for Energy Measurement Design Center
Energy Measurement Design Center Technology Guide
Energy Measurement Design Center API Guide
The Energy Measurement Design Center is a rapid development tool that enables energy measurement using TI MSP430i20xx and MSP430F67xx Flash-based microcontrollers (MCUs). It includes a graphical user interface (GUI), documentation, software library and examples that can simplify development and accelerate designs for power monitoring and energy measurement in smart grid and building automation applications. Start by dragging and dropping a MCU, voltage sensors, and current sensors into the GUI workspace. Configure the MCU and each sensor according to your system configuration. The GUI will check for errors before generating the source code. Import the code into an IDE and program the MCU. The GUI will allow you to easily calibrate the device and view the results.
- Fixed an issue where the MSP430i20xx OSR (sampling rate) did not change from the default value.
- Removed duplicate hal_system_Init() call.
- Re-initialized results after disabling interrupts and writing calibration factors to INFO memory.
- Re-calibrated MSP430i20xx EMDC example projects and firmware images.
- Technology Guide
- Included a flowchart for the EMDC application code including foreground and background processes.
- Added a Known Limitations section to the Introduction for more awareness.
- Fixed the Result Parameter command values in the Commands from Target to EMDC section and sequence diagrams.
- Added more details about the packet structure and checksum calculation in the Communication Protocol Spec section.
- Included the default UART communication settings.
- Updated the EMDC start-up image to fix a broken pixel in the platform bar.
- Fixed some minor formatting issues.