The Energy Harvesting LaunchPad for Brushed DC Motor Control is designed for charging a Li-ion or Li-polymer battery with solar energy, and subsequently using a voltage regulator to provide secondary system power to a TI LaunchPad and any peripherals connected the LaunchPad. The BoosterPack is designed for low power and automation applications, using an on-board nano-timer and dual H-bridge motor drivers that have integrated MOSFETs with an extremely low 45mΩ Rds(on).
- Low power with 30nA energy consumption in shut-down mode by cutting power to both the system and peripherals with nano-timer
- Dual motor drivers for driving 2 Brushed DC with up to 5Acontinuous current and 8A peak current
- Solar energy harvesting with integrated boost converter charger for use with Li-ion or Li-polymer rechargable cells
- On-board power distribution system for powering other LaunchPad products via highly efficient nano-power buck converter
- Integrated nano-timer with battery monitoring technology and power gating mode to reduce system power consumption by up to 80%
- This design is tested and allows for the evaluation of energy harvesting modules along with differential motor control for any system