AMC1304x High-Precision, Reinforced Isolated Delta-Sigma Modulators with LDO (Rev. E)
SBAS655E – September2014 – revisedJanuary 2017
- Pin-Compatible Family Optimized for Shunt-Resistor-Based Current Measurements:
- Excellent DC Performance Supporting High-Precision Sensing on System Level:
- Safety-Related Certifications:
- 7000-VPK Reinforced Isolation per DIN V VDE V 0884-10 (VDE V 0884-10): 2006-12
- 5000-VRMS Isolation for 1 Minute per UL1577
- CAN/CSA No. 5A-Component Acceptance Service Notice, IEC 60950-1, and IEC 60065 End Equipment Standards
- Transient Immunity: 15 kV/µs (min)
- High Electromagnetic Field Immunity
(see Application Note SLLA181A)
- External 5-MHz to 20-MHz Clock Input for
Easier System-Level Synchronization
- On-Chip 18-V LDO Regulator
- Fully Specified Over the Extended Industrial Temperature Range
- Shunt-Resistor-Based Current Sensing In:
- Industrial Motor Drives
- Photovoltaic Inverters
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies
- Isolated Voltage Measurements
The AMC1304 is a precision, delta-sigma (ΔΣ) modulator with the output separated from the input circuitry by a capacitive double isolation barrier that is highly resistant to magnetic interference. This barrier is certified to provide reinforced isolation of up to 7000 VPEAK according to the DIN V VDE V 0884-10, UL1577 and CSA standards. Used in conjunction with isolated power supplies, the device prevents noise currents on a high common-mode voltage line from entering the local system ground and interfering with or damaging low voltage circuitry.
The input of the AMC1304 is optimized for direct connection to shunt resistors or other low voltage-level signal sources. The unique low input voltage range of the ±50-mV device allows significant reduction of the power dissipation through the shunt while supporting excellent ac and dc performance. By using an appropriate digital filter (that is, as integrated on the TMS320F2807x or TMS320F2837x families) to decimate the bit stream, the device can achieve 16 bits of resolution with a dynamic range of 81 dB (13.2 ENOB) at a data rate of 78 kSPS.
On the high-side, the modulator is supplied by an integrated low-dropout (LDO) regulator that allows an unregulated input voltage between 4 V and 18 V (LDOIN). The isolated digital interface operates from a 3.3-V or 5-V power supply (DVDD).
The AMC1304 is available in a wide-body SOIC-16 (DW) package and is specified from –40°C to +125°C.
|PART NUMBER||PACKAGE||BODY SIZE (NOM)|
|AMC1304x||SOIC (16)||10.30 mm × 7.50 mm|
- For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the datasheet.
Copyright© 2017, Texas Instruments Incorporated. An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications, intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers.Submit Documentation Feedback