LM1086 1.5-A Low Dropout Positive Regulators (Rev. J)
SNVS039J – June2000 – revisedApril 2015
- Available in 1.8-V, 2.5-V, 3.3-V, 5-V and Adjustable Versions
- Current Limiting and Thermal Protection
- Output Current 1.5 A
- Line Regulation 0.015% (Typical)
- Load Regulation 0.1% (Typical)
- High-Efficiency Linear Regulators
- Battery Chargers
- Post Regulation for Switching Supplies
- Constant Current Regulators
- Microprocessor Supplies
The LM1086 is a regulator with a maximum dropout of 1.5 V at 1.5 A of load current. The device has the same pin-out as TI's industry standard LM317.
Two resistors are required to set the output voltage of the adjustable output voltage version of the LM1086. Fixed output voltage versions integrate the adjust resistors.
The LM1086 circuit includes a zener trimmed bandgap reference, current limiting, and thermal shutdown.
Refer to LM1084 for the 5-A version, and the LM1085 for the 3-A version.
|PART NUMBER||PACKAGE||BODY SIZE (NOM)|
|LM1086||WSON (8)||4 mm × 4 mm|
|DDPAK/TO-263 (3)||10.18 mm × 8.41 mm|
|TO-220 (3)||14.986 mm × 10.16 mm|
- For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the datasheet.
Copyright© 2015, Texas Instruments Incorporated. An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications, intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers.Submit Documentation Feedback