TPS7A84A 3-A, High-Accuracy (0.75%), Low-Noise (4.4-µVRMS) LDO Regulator
SBVS291 – April2017
- Low Dropout: 180 mV (maximum) at 3 A With BIAS
- 0.75% (maximum) Accuracy Over Line, Load, and Temperature With BIAS
- Output Voltage Noise: 4.4 µVRMS
- Input Voltage Range:
- Without BIAS: 1.4 V to 6.5 V
- With BIAS: 1.1 V to 6.5 V
- Output Voltage Range:
- Adjustable Operation: 0.8 V to 5.15 V
- ANY-OUT™ Operation: 0.8 V to 3.95 V
- Power-Supply Ripple Rejection:
- 40 dB at 500 kHz
- Excellent Load Transient Response
- Adjustable Soft-Start In-Rush Control
- Low Thermal Resistance: RθJA = 43.4°C/W
- Open-Drain Power-Good (PG) Output
- Digital Loads: SerDes, FPGAs, and DSPs
- Instrumentation, Medical, and Audio
- High-Speed Analog Circuits:
- VCO, ADC, DAC, and LVDS
- Imaging: CMOS Sensors and Video ASICs
- Test and Measurement
The TPS7A84A is a low-noise, low-dropout linear regulator (LDO) capable of sourcing 3 A with only 180-mV of maximum dropout. The device output voltage is pin-programmable from 0.8 V to 3.95 V and adjustable from 0.8 V to 5.15 V using an external resistor divider.
The combination of low-noise, high-PSRR, and high output-current capability makes the TPS7A84A ideal to power noise-sensitive components such as those found in high-speed communications, video, medical, or test and measurement applications. The high performance of the TPS7A84A limits power-supply-generated phase noise and clock jitter, making this device ideal for powering high-performance serializer and deserializer (SerDes), analog-to-digital converters (ADCs), digital-to-analog converters (DACs), and RF components. Specifically, RF amplifiers benefit from the high-performance and > 5-V output capability of the device.
For digital loads [such as application-specific integrated circuits (ASICs), field-programmable gate arrays (FPGAs), and digital signal processors (DSPs)] requiring low-input voltage, low-output (LILO) voltage operation, the exceptional accuracy (0.75% over line, load, and temperature), remote sensing, excellent transient performance, and soft-start capabilities of the TPS7A84A ensure optimal system performance.
The versatility of the TPS7A84A makes the device a component of choice for many demanding applications.
|PART NUMBER||PACKAGE||BODY SIZE (NOM)|
|TPS7A84A||VQFN (20)||3.50 mm × 3.50 mm|
- For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the data sheet.
Typical Application Diagram
Typical Application Circuit
Copyright© 2017, Texas Instruments Incorporated. An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications, intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers.Submit Documentation Feedback