UCC28C4x-Q1 Automotive BiCMOS Low-Power Current-Mode PWM Controllers (Rev. B)
SLUSA12B – December2009 – revisedOctober 2017
UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, this document contains PRODUCTION DATA.
- AEC-Q100 Qualified with the Following Results:
- Device Temperature Grade 1:-40⁰C to 125⁰C
- Device HBM Classification Level 2: ±2 kV
- Device CDM Classification Level C4B: 750 V
- 1-MHz Operation
- 50-μA Standby Current, 100-μA Maximum
- Low Operating Current of 2.3 mA at 52 kHz
- Fast 35-ns Cycle-by-Cycle Over-Current Limiting
- ±1-A Peak Output Current
- Rail-to-Rail Output Swings With 25-ns Rise and 20-ns Fall Times
- ±1% Initial Trimmed 2.5-V Error Amplifier Reference
- Trimmed Oscillator Discharge Current
- New Undervoltage Lockout Versions
- Create a Custom Design Using the UCC28C4x-Q1 With the WEBENCH® Power Designer
- Automotive Power Supplies
- Hybrid and Electric Vehicles in Automotive
- Switch Mode Power Supplies
- DC-to-DC Converters
- Board Mount Power Modules
The UCC28C4x-Q1 family devices are high performance current-mode PWM controllers. They are enhanced BiCMOS versions with pin-for-pin compatibility to the industry standard UC28C4x family PWM controllers.
Providing necessary features to control fixed frequency, peak current mode power supplies, this family offers several performance advantages. These devices offer high frequency operation up to 1 MHz with low start up and operating currents, thus minimizing start up loss and low operating power consumption for improved efficiency. The devices also feature a fast current sense to output delay time of 35 ns, and a ±1-A peak output current capability with improved rise and fall times for driving large external MOSFETs directly.
The UCC28C4x-Q1 family is offered in the 8-pin SOIC (D) package.
|PART NUMBER||PACKAGE||BODY SIZE (NOM)|
|UCC28C40-Q1(2)||SOIC (8)||4.90 mm × 3.91 mm|
- For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the datasheet.
- Preview status.
Typical Automotive Application Example
Copyright© 2017, Texas Instruments Incorporated. An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications, intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers.Submit Documentation Feedback