Audio Signal Processing BoosterPack Plug-In Module
- BOOSTXL-AUDIO Audio BoosterPack Plug-in Module Quick Start Guide
(PDF 782 KB)
24 Mar 2016 283 views
- BOOSTXL-AUDIO Audio BoosterPack Plug-in Module User's Guide (Rev. A)
(PDF 2179 KB)
09 Nov 2016 621 views
When plugged into a LaunchPad™ Development Kit, the BOOSTXL-AUDIO Audio BoosterPack™ Plug-in Module adds audio input functionality from a microphone, as well as audio output through an on-board speaker. Headphone input and output is also supported, and automatically enabled when a plug is inserted into the BoosterPack. This audio input/output stream lets developers experiment with the digital signal processing (DSP) and filtering capabilities of the microcontroller found on the attached LaunchPad Development Kit.
There are various options – selectable by a jumper on the BoosterPack – for connecting the speaker to the processor on the Launchpad: (1) output audio data over SPI to the SPI DAC provided on the Audio BoosterPack; (2) directly connecting to the DAC on the LaunchPad MCU (if available) or (3) use the LaunchPad's PWM output together with a basic R/C filter on the BoosterPack, to create a simple, low-cost analog audio signal.
- High quality audio playback with onboard 14-bit DAC (can be bypassed if target MCU has an integrated DAC)
- Automatic switching from onboard speakers and microphone to a headset with microphone
- Onboard microphone supports sampling rates of up to 20kHz
- BOOSTXL-AUDIO BoosterPack Plug-In Module
- Quick Start Guide