bq25882 Boosting Battery Chargers Evaluation Module
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
- bq2588x Boosting Battery Chargers Evaluation Module User's Guide (Rev. A)
(PDF 804 KB)
21 Aug 2018
Charging 2-cell, 8.4-V+ battery packs from a legacy 5-V USB port requires a boost charger. The bq25882 is a highly integrated 2-A boosting, 1.5-MHz switch-mode battery charge management and system power path management device for a dual-cell Li-Ion and Li-polymer battery. The I2C serial interface with charging and system settings makes the device a truly flexible solution.
- Easily evaluate the high-efficiency 2-A, 1.5-MHz integrated field-effect-transistor (FET), switch-mode boost charger in the WCSP package
- Onboard USB input adapter for connecting to USB source and either communication through D+/D– or using the PSEL pin header to set default input current limit
- Use the EV2300/2400 interface to switch between charge and USB On-the-Go (OTG)
- Onboard test points, sense resistors, and jumpers facilitate measurement of high-efficiency- and high accuracy voltage and current regulation