LM5145 Wide VIN Synchronous Buck Controller High Density Evaluation Module
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
- LM5145EVM-HD-20A High Density Evaluation Module (Rev. A)
(PDF 1386 KB)
07 Jun 2017
The LM5145EVM-HD-20A high density evaluation module (EVM) is designed to showcase the performance of the LM5145 high performance, synchronous buck DC-DC buck controller with wide input voltage range. The design is packaged in a miniature footprint with low component count. It operates over a wide input voltage range of 24 V to 72 V to deliver a fixed 5-V output with better than 1% setpoint accuracy and currents up to 20A. By virtue of the LM5145's minimum on-time of 40ns, operation at very low duty cycle is feasible. The LM5145 offers a full suite of protection features to ensure protection of the regulator during fault conditions. These include undervoltage lockout to ensure proper operation during voltage-sag conditions, programmable soft-start to reduce inrush current, hiccup-mode overcurrent protection and thermal shutdown. Precision enable, open-drain PGOOD indicator and SYNC IN / SYNC OUT features are also provided.
- 24V to 72V input voltage range
- 5V output voltage, adjustable from 3.3V to 8V
- Delivers up to 20A of load current
- Free-running switching frequency of 220kHz, synchronizable to an external clock from -20% to +50%
- Fully assembled, tested and proven PCB layout with 30-mm x 15-mm total footprint