LM5165 Low Iq Synchronous Buck Converter High Density PFM Evaluation Module
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
- LM5165EVM-HD-P50A EVM User's Guide
(PDF 1429 KB)
21 Apr 2015
The LM5165EVM-HD-P50A high density evaluation module (EVM) is designed to showcase the performance of the LM5165 high performance, exceptionally small, synchronous buck DC/DC buck converter with ultralow IQ. The module-style design is packaged in a miniature footprint with low component count. It operates over a wide input voltage range of 3 V to 65 V to deliver a fixed 5-V output with better than 2% setpoint accuracy. Low-dropout performance whenever the input voltage decreases below the output voltage setpoint is available with 100% duty cycle conduction of the high-side MOSFET. By virtue of the LM5165's pulse-frequency-modulation (PFM) control scheme and diode emulation, the no-load supply current is only 12 μA at 24-V input.
- Tightly-regulated output voltage of 5 V with 2% setpoint accuracy, adjustable from 1.223 V to VIN
- Wide input voltage operating range of 3 V to 65 V
- Ultra-high power conversion efficiency: >90% at an output of 5 V and above 1 mA load (input voltage 12 V)
- No-load supply current as low as 12 μA
- Fully assembled, tested and proven PCB layout with 15.5-mm x 13.7-mm total footprint