LX21EVK01 Evaluation Kit LX21EVK01 (ACTIVE)
- LX21EVK01 Channel Link III Ser/Des Evaluation Kit
(PDF 838 KB)
01 Feb 2012
The LX21EVK01 is an evaluation kit designed to demonstrate the performance and capabilities of the DS92LX2121 and DS92LX2122 Channel Link III Serializer/Deserializer chipset.
The DS92LX2121 serializer board accepts LVCMOS input signals for the high speed forward channel and provides additional LVCMOS I/Os for I2C communication and general purpose control channel signals. A single serialized Channel Link III differential data pair is used for the serial interconnect. The DS92LX2122 deserializer board converts the Channel Link III data stream back into parallel LVCMOS signals and also provides LVCMOS I/Os for I2C communication and general purpose control channel signals. A USB cable is provided as a generic medium for the high speed data link.
- One serializer board with the DS92LX2121
- One deserializer board with the DS92LX2122
- One 2-meter USB 2.0 Hi-SPEED cable assembly
- Evaluation kit documentation
What the user needs to provide:
- A 21-bit data bus and clock source with LVCMOS outputs ? for example a video generator
- A data error checker or display with LVCMOS inputs ? for example an LCD panel and interface from the deserializer board to the panel itself, or test equipment
- An I2C master device
- Power supply for both boards