MSP430™ Value Line Sensing Function Code Examples
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
MSP430-FUNCTION-CODE-EXAMPLES is a collection of 25 code examples for use with the MSP430FR2000, MSP430FR2100, MSP430FR2110 and MSP430FR2111 Value Line Sensing microcontrollers (MCUs). These code examples allow developers to add programmability to simple digital and analog functions such as timers, input/output expanders, system reset controllers, EEPROM and more. The majority of the code examples fit in under 0.5KB of memory in the MSP430FR2000 MCU with a few using up to 1KB of memory to operate.
The code examples were tested using the MSP-T430PW20 target development board and MSP-FET programmer and debugger board. However, the code examples can be easily modified and ported to the MSP-EXP430FR2311 LaunchPad™ development kit – a lower-cost evaluation platform than the target development board. See this code portability guide for more details.
The provided function code examples can be modified using Code Composer Studio™ (CCS) or IAR® Embedded Workbench integrated development environments (IDEs).
Code examples for the following analog and digital functions:
- Single Wire Communication Host
- SPI IO Expander
- UART-to-UART Bridge
- UART-to-SPI Bridge
Pulse Width Modulation Functions
- Analog Input to PWM Output
- Dual output 8-bit PWM DAC
- Servo Motor Control
- Stepper Motor Control
- UART Software-Controlled RGB LED Color Mixing
System and Housekeeping Functions
- ADC Wake and Transmit on Threshold
- EEPROM Emulation
- Low Power Hex Keypad
- Quadrature Encoder Position Counter
- Hysteresis Comparator with UART
- Multi-Function Reset Controller
- Single Slope Analog-to-Digital Conversion Technique
- Tamper Detection
- Programmable Clock Source
- Programmable Frequency-locked Loop
- External RTC with backup memory
- 7-Segment LED Stopwatch
- External Programmable Watchdog Timer
- Programmable System Wake-up Controller
- Simple RTC-based System Wake-up Controller
- Voltage Monitor with a Time Stamp