This reference design generates a 5V/15A output from a 36V to 75V telecom input. The UCC2897A controls an active clamp forward converter power stage. The low gate charge and low RDSon of the CSD17501Q5A and CSD18502Q5B, implemented as a synchronous rectifiers, provides for a highly efficient design. This design is laid out in a standard eighth brick footprint and achieves efficiencies up to 94%. It uses only surface mount components, including ceramic output capacitors.
- 36V to 75VDC input 5V/15A output
- 94% efficiency
- Industry Standard Eighth Brick Footprint
- Features UCC2897A Controller along with TI NexFET Synchronous Rectifiers
- Active Clamp Forward Topology
- Reduced conduction losses and die area of the synchronous rectifiers